Friday, December 11, 2009

Pay it Forward

This morning I had a meeting with the Boss, and being that it was finally Friday (yes, it's been a long week) and it was pay day, I decided to treat myself to a little Starbucks. So I'm in line, and instead of taking my entire purse into Starbucks, I only took a credit card. I place my order, go to pay and realize that I don't have my debit card, in fact I had grabbed my corporate card. So I say, I'm so sorry, let me run to my car to get my debit card. The gentleman says no big deal, we'll get your drink going. I run to my car, run back in and get in line to pay for my drink. It's my turn to pay when he says, "You're covered, don't worry about it." Remember, I say, I needed to pay for my drink. Nope, the lady who had been standing behind me, paid for my drink.

I can't begin to tell you how happy that simple gesture made me. It made me so happy the kindness of a stranger, that I wanted to cry. Yes, I know it was only a cup of coffee, but it's the big picture.

Pay it forward people, pay it forward...Even if its simple, pay it forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment