Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Darkness

Sunday night the power went out and for a moment there was silence. The sun was setting on our day, on our snow covered lawn and for a brief moment there was a sense of peace, well being and pure golden silence. I have to admit I really don't like when all is quiet. I always have to have some kind of background noise, whether it be music, the TV or the noise of my children, there is always noise. I think sometimes I'm afraid of the silence, it lets my mind wander most likely often to places I don't want to go or are afraid to go. But on Sunday it was perfect, exactly what I needed. It only lasted for about 2 minutes, the silence that is. Within minutes I hear childre freaking, WHAT WILL WE DO with no lights...it's getting dark the power is out.

Even though it was short lived, it was beautiful...

No comments:

Post a Comment