Saturday, January 9, 2010

Sledding

I have to be honest, I find that when one of my kids ask for something, my first and immediate reaction is no, probably 80% of the time. I have no idea why that is. So the Monday after Christmas, Mac asked if we could go sledding and I said No. Then I thought about it a few more minutes and said ok.

See I hate cold, we don't have good cold weather gear, and I hate the cold, but in a concious effort to say yes and to live vicariosly, I said ok, let's go. Besides the hot chocolate and marshmallows would be worth the cold.

Let me tell you I had a blast. This was the first time Charlie had ever gone sledding and being the overly cautious Mom, I made him go with me, which suprisingly he was ok with. Once Charlie got brave to go by himself, I was disappointed because I lost my sled. I had so much fun, we went again a couple days later.

Dean and Kenna joined us and on our second trip so did Grandpa. He even sled! Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment