Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Day 7

on Day 7 of Dad’s admittance to Kansas City Hospice House, he left his earthly body and entered Heaven’s gates.

for the most part i believe it to be a blessing, a gift that i was with him as he transitioned from his earthly home to his eternal home.

i am grateful, that i was able to be with him when he needed me.  he was always there for me…ALWAYS and when he needed me i was there for him.  what a gift that i will carry with me for the rest of my days.

everything within me hurts, today it’s like a dull pain but it is there. i’m craving my family and anxiously waiting their arrival as we gather to remember, to celebrate the man he was/is, the lessons he taught us, the memories…

i fear next week when the to do list is smaller, our family has left.  today they are distractions, they prevent me on focusing on the physical loss.

for now…a picture…one of my favorites.  i love his smile here…oh how he loved my boys, oh how lucky they were/are…what a legacy.

0387409-R01-013-5

1 comment:

  1. What a great picture. While I did not know your dad I know from talking with you and hearing from those during the memorial what a remarkable man he was. I know your heart is aching.. know that I am here for you if there is anything I can do.

    ReplyDelete