Thursday, January 29, 2009

Old Soul

Mac is my first born and I call him my old soul. Mac was 2 weeks overdue and you can only imagine how ecstatic I was when the doctor said be at the hospital by 5:00 pm tonight and we'll get this party started. (yeah, he didn't say it quite like that but that's how I felt) After noticing some complications with both Mac and I, the doctor's decided it was necessary to do an emergency c-section. Luckily everything moved so fast that Jay and I really didn't have much time to think about what was going on and how it was kind of scary.


Well Big Mac arrived, weighing in at 9lbs and 15 ounces and changed our lives forever. He is the epitome of a first born child. He is serious, determined and driven. Sometime he seems so adult like, that it kind of makes me sad...I feel like maybe he is missing out on being a "kid" but he is who he is. He loves Sports. His love for Sports helped us potty train him in record time. He had found a batting helmet at Target, it was Mother's day weekend, and we agreed to get him the helmet, if he started wearing big boy pants and kept them dry for 3 days in a row. He had the batting helmet by Wednesday. He's already started talking about where he wants to go to college. He is planning on playing a sport in college so I hope his dream becomes a reality. I know that is a difficult goal to see to fruition. He is the best big brother. Seriously. He is Mac.


We have been nothing but blessed since the day he came to us and I'm so thankful God chose me to be his mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment